Tuesday, November 24, 2015

"Through Winter's Door" Journal for Simply Neutrals Tuesday No. 12


In the northern hemisphere some of my blogging friends are
now entering "Through Winter's Door" and that is
the name of this fabric, lace and paper book
bearing the subject of "Angels"!


 

 I'm especially mindful of the need for angels around
at the moment with the events of the past couple of weeks and because we are now moving into the Festive Season
of Christmas.

 
(Now sold!)

 This book has been constructed using many beautiful
stone angels as well as Renaissance angels


 
 
on top of water colour pages layered in several mediums
including linens, brocades, printed organzas


dyed and stamped fabrics like cottons and chiffons,
 

some of my eco dyed silks with dyed doilies to blend in
with the varying shades of neutrals, whites, greys and browns.


 I have also been mark making with my blue paint
(and white paint too!)
here and there around and under images with 
appropriate messages like the one above
which says "Love's Forgiveness" -



 yes a virtue that needs so much practice
and patience right now and every day
really for the rest of our lives!


 

 It's a timely reminder for each and everyone of us!

I have also been preparing a few Art Angel Fabric kits for
anyone wishing to create their own projects, collages,
cards or journal pages using my chosen
Art Angels like these
for Christmas or anytime at all!




These and the Angel book above you can find 
in my Etsy shop here.
These images will also be part of Wen's 
www.appleapricot.blogspot.com
and I'd love you to visit there


and see some amazing artwork and gorgeous images.

 Thank you all for always visiting and leaving such
lovely comments - you are appreciated!!!

xox Suzy

17 comments:

  1. Sigh... Your artwork is always so beautiful. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning lace book Suzy! It is a beautiful theme too, every page so expressive. You create such beauty with your heart : )
    Hugs
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, stunning, stunning! I love your book, and your fabric and image choices are amazing. A world with more angels and less strife would certainly be the way to go. Thanks for bringing some joy to our little family of link party people! Hugs and love, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Suzy, Suzy, Suzy ... you have totally surpassed anything else you've ever created. This is absolutely remarkable.

    Be proud!
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it is a stunning book, my dear Suzy, I totally love all the opages you have shown, and the love living inside every spread, with Gods Angels ,is truly something we should practice every day, for the rest of our lives !!
    Your wonderful tones of neutral and little teal, is stunning together, and you know I love the angels you used, all over !! Love the skeleton leaves, too!!
    Much love from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a precious, beautiful book. Your heart speaks from every page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzy, I am so taken in by your artwork~ Every fold of the fabric and 'twirl' of lace so beautifully frames your images and focal points! I like your inking/painting and the authentic vintage quality of your book~ You incorporate so many lovely textures in your projects; they are a joy to visit! Have a blessed week~ Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I visit here I am just blown away by your GLORIOUS vintage pieces Suzy! This book is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just sighing here. What beautiful work. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic work for Wen's neutrals, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a stunning book dear Suzy and one of my favourites. I love how you mixed the beautiful fabrics and laces with paper and painting, handwriting, mark making and stitched words. So beautiful. It truly is winter's door here at the moment. So cold and wet. Sending you sunny smiles though, and big hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete

  12. Hello my dear Suzy,
    your angel book just takes my breath away. It is simply stunning.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs and love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perhaps stepping through the door into Suzy's creative world too? Lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Suzy :) Wow, I love to see what new treasures you have created. I'm always enraptured and awestruck! Another simply gorgeous book.
    Hugs,

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. I love seeing my lacy leaves in your work. :) They belong so beautifully there, don't they?
    Love,
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  16. I come back again and again to look at this wonderful holy-beautiful book...
    Have a blessed Christmas time

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails